1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NoLED Alternative?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by sngnyrslp, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sngnyrslp

sngnyrslp Lurker

The LG Optimus T does not have an LED light (I guess they forgot it?) and I really don't like that. When I had a MyTouch, I often relied on the blinking light to let me know if I had a notification. I download NoLED and really don't like it - it doesn't seem to work the way it should and is a real drain on my battery. Is there anything else I can use?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

I sound like a broken record as I'm always telling folks this app will solve the problem, Tasker...but if *all* you need to do is replicate the LED missed notification function, Tasker is an expensive app to do that, as it was intended to do a lot more than that.

I tried NoLED and found it was a battery drain very quickly and uninstalled it.

I bought Tasker to set profiles automatically (volume, brightness, lock/unlock, etc.) based on location/phone state...but recently added profiles (which you can find plenty of on Profiles - Tasker Wiki) for Missed Message Notifications that work with vibrations as the Captivate also doesn't have an LED.

If you want to try out Tasker, go to the developer's website to download a trial version (I think he gives 7-days) -- don't download from the Market as you only have 15 minutes to trial it...and you'll NEVER be able to trial Tasker properly in that short amount of time.

Be forewarned, Tasker has a steep learning curve. It helps if you've had some familiarity in coding or, at least with if/then formulas in Excel.

There may be other apps out there written specifically to solve your problem, but you may have to do more searching.