• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VegasTouch

Android Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to start another thread but i need to uninstall this App and i dont know how. I always have to turn my phone off and reboot because it wont go to the unlock screen when the LED is flashing.

I downloaded this from my phone and installed it from the download section of the "files" icon. No option for uninstall, just delete and that didnt get rid of the program on the phone.

Why are you uninstalling it? How did it work?

Worked fine as far as giving me notification but...when the LED was on it wouldnt let me get to my lock screen. Just stayed black. Would only bring up the option to power off and whatever else is in that option. Couldnt keep doing that so i wanted to get rid of it.

Upvote 0
Wouldnt do anything when hit the home button. Would only react to holding the power/unlock button then would go to power off screen. No big deal for me. Was just trying it out.

You have to hit Home when the LED is on. When you hit power instead of Home while LED is on the LED goes off and your screen locks. You need to hit Power again to bring up the screen with the LED and then hit Home again to unlock.

Upvote 0
i uninstalled for two reasons

1. the lock screen issue was inconsistent. if i hit home first it would bring up my home screen choices but not actually respond to my choice. most of the time i'd have to push the power button to turn the screen off then again to turn it back on, then hitting home would sometimes work and other times not.

2. battery drain. normally i see ~2% battery drain overnight (8 hrs) with noled coming on during the night i'd see ~40% drain. i'm already getting more than 24 hrs on my battery, this app isn't worth dropping that almost in half.

Upvote 0
Mine works perfect. No battery drain. There is a learning curve with this app though because of our desire to press the Power button in order to bring us to the lock screen. I have had the app for 2 weeks now and I still forget once in a while.

But, it does work good on my phone and if you want a LED indicator it is the best option right now.

Sound like you might have a home screen button issue. Do you have a screen protector on your phone? I have heard issues with the home button response time if covered by a screen protector.

You could easily turn the app off at night to avoid the battery drain if you feel that is an issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones