• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NoLed Freezing Phone...Anyone Else?

DavDroid

Oct 28, 2010
Hello,

I downloaded NoLed and it worked as it was supposed to for the first few times, but I accidentally tripped over my charger cord and the charger and phone took a fall. The charger was a foot or less and the phone was from my desk onto industrial carpeted floor. I went to send myself a message to see the NoLed screen again and nothing...I pressed the power button to get to the unlock screen and when I swipe my finger to unlock it nothing happens! I powered off the phone and turned it on and it was fine. I tried NoLed again and the same thing happened, so I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and tried it again and the same thing! Any ideas? If I don't have NoLed installed it works fine. This is on a Samsung Vibrant by the way.

I uninstalled it again and sent myself a test e-mail and it works fine..doesn't freeze. I really wanted NoLed. Is there a fix for this? My brother has a Vibrant and NoLed and he never mentioned this.

Thank you!!!

I believe I fixed it. I'm not sure which part is the one that fixed it or if both worked together.

1. I went to applications - clicked on Download Manager - Clear Data
2. Tried it and it didn't freeze, but I needed to enter a password when I unclocked my phone (I have application protection). I protected this app because my son plays with my phone sometimes. I came to the conclusion that it was probably because I had it protected that it wasn't working.
3. I unprotected it and it seems to be working fine now. No locking or anything.

Is it normal to have to clear a cache to get an app to work?

Thank you!!

Upvote 0
Anyone have any input on clearing a cache or data from download manager to get apps to work? Also, I noticed that sometimes when I go into the settings of NoLed and exit to the home screen there is a widget that the app created. It's hard to explain, but the image for the widget is a cut out or copy of a portion of the settings screen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones