• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NoLock and answering the phone

musikat

May 17, 2010
I am still waiting to get my EVO and playing around on Appbrain in the meantime to transfer my old apps and look for cool new ones. I came across NoLock and it seems like it will prevent the screen from locking so I only have to push the power button to turn it on, correct?

My question is about the phone. I am coming from a Moment, which has a physical phone answer key. When a call comes in I just push that key and it answers. My understanding with the EVO is I would normally have to slide the lock screen down to get to the phone answer button. Will NoLock make it so I can just push that button when the phone rings? I don't like having to go through hoops to do stuff on my phone and I really don't want to go through an extra step to answer the phone. Anyone use this and does it work like I think? Any downside to that app?

when the phone rings, the lock screen will light up. Your options are to slide up to ignore the call, or slide down to answer the call. you dont have to slide down to unlock, then hit answer. All you have to do is slide down to answer. If the screen is already unlocked (ie you are using the phone) you will get a screen with an answer and ignore button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones