1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Non-broadcasting Wifi stumblr, Wifi widget?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JdeFalconr, Mar 10, 2011.

1. JdeFalconr

JdeFalconr Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Hi Folks,

I'm loving my new Atrix phone, especially the freedom to install whatever the hell applications I want without Apple's development shackles on what can be posted to the app store.

I'm now looking for perhaps my most-wanted application for the phone: something that will allow me to do a true wifi site-survey, in the same way Netstumbler works. I've found several very good wifi applications in the android marketplace but tragically none will display a network not broadcasting its SSID as Netstumbler will. This is an important feature in a site-survey tool as it allows you to get a true picture of what wireless channels are being used. Anyone know of an application that will do this? Note that this has nothing to do with connecting to said networks, I just want to see them.

Also I'd love to find a wifi widget that will let me select from available networks and connect to them. Anyone have any ideas on that one?

Thanks for the assistance!

Advertisement

2. JLang

None

Mar 9, 2011
    If it does more than toggle it's hardly a widget. I use free 'WiFi Analyzer' to get lists and graphs of available routers, and to dis/connect from/to them. And free 'Y5' to automatically reconnect to those I was connected to before.