• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

non-covered tablet suggestions for better grip & edge smoothing

okay, I use a transformer prime tf700t , I find the edges a little sharp, and the back is too slick to hold on my palm while tapping the screen. if you have any suggestions to resolve these issues that would be awesome. I tried using some hockey tape (players wrap the stick handle & blade w/ it), applying strips along the back, but the adhesive is too weak, it (the tape) "rolls" up, and it's (again the tape) not tacky enough to prevent the tablet from sliding. I might use it along the edges though. I'm thinking a rubberized adhesive-backed "skin" would be ideal but am unclear how to find anything like this. suggestions/solutions ?

I guess I'm swimming against the tide here, but I want to keep the form-factor as small as possible. I found some rubber stripping for keeping carpets in place. it might work. Roberts - 50-545 <strong>Roberts</strong> Traction Non-Slip Rug Strip sold @ home depot .

I've got a custom-sewn padded messenger bag being made for it, should be done tonight. I'll post pictures when it's ready. UPDATE EDIT: photos ... (ok i can't figure how to put them in, I uploaded them to the site, don't see them on this post or my account page). email or private message or whatever if interested. p.s. lowe's has the same stuff + some white gooey carpet tape, I'll probably try them both in-store....

Attachments

• IMG_20120907_063738.jpg
    IMG_20120907_063738.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20120907_063910.jpg
    IMG_20120907_063910.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
thank you retmotor, I've been meaning to get back here. I picked up the non slip after trying it in store. I am pleased I finally got this taken care of. here are pictures. the tablet feels a lot better now, with no slippage/discomfort during use. I think for someone concerned about heat dissipation they could cut the outer 1/2" of the strip(s), applying small stripes along the area they would be "palming" the tablet. this stuff is really sticky, I have had no issues of edge rolling up. in the photos, please look outside the reflection to see the cloth tape along the edges. oh, lastly, I think this "fix" dissipates way more heat than using the tablet with a case/cover so I'm really not worried.

Attachments

• IMG_20120913_074544.jpg
    IMG_20120913_074544.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20120913_074629.jpg
    IMG_20120913_074629.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones