• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Non Sense Email Widget fed by mail from HTC Mail app

flyte

Aug 24, 2010
I am currently running a SenseHD Based ROM, however stripped of the Sense UI. This means that I have all of the key HTC system apps (mail, calendar, dialer, people, camera, etc), but none of that Sense UI and launcher (rosie, etc.) Instead I use launcher pro.

The down side is that I cannot use the very nice Sense provided widgets. If I did, I could use the Mail widget to show the email that is received from the Mail application, which is configured to read from an exchange account (push). But since I cannot use this widget, I have to rely on other widgets to show the email.

The problem is that no mail widget that I have found can be "fed" by the HTC Mail app. It doesn't seem to expose the email so that widgets (other than the Sense widgets) to display the email. In other words, every other widget doesn't allow me to select the email account that the Mail application is using.

Alternatives would be to use K9 Email + pure messaging widget, which works, but I loose the ability for push mail.

The funny thing is that the HTC calendar app --does-- expose the calendar events to other widgets. I am able to select my exchange account in the widget settings.

Am I hosed here? Does anyone know of a way I can use an email widget that is fed by the mail from the HTC Mail widget?

I thought that the email and calendar emails/events gets pushed to a central DB for others apps to cherry pick from? I guess this isn't true?

I don't want to automatically forward the email to another IMAP account (say gmail) of which another widget could pick that up...

ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones