1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Non-Sprint CDMA Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sherfield2002, Dec 7, 2009.

1. sherfield2002

sherfield2002 Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dmchance

dmchance Newbie

Slight changes from the Sprint version. They have more carrier specific stuff (sprint nav, tv, nfl, etc) than we do. I have learned a great deal from these fine folks. Everything I have read about and tried has worked flawlessly on mine! Great info on this forum.

3. cij1916

cij1916 Well-Known Member

Sweet...more people on the coast of MS...HI!!! (waving frantically)

4. sherfield2002

sherfield2002 Newbie

I'm in Meridian, so not too far from the coast...I wonder how many of these phone CS has sold. They have been very aggressive with their ads for it. I know several CS customers, but nobody with this phone. Most are using a BB.

5. cij1916

I'm in Gulfport, but I have Sprint.

6. osli

osli Well-Known Member

I'm also in Meridian with a hero from VS

7. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

I've seen more ads for the Hero here from CS than from either Sprint or HTC and Cellular Souths coverage area doesn't reach the Central Arkansas area.

8. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

I'm in Biloxi

9. cij1916

10. cooolone2

cooolone2 Android Enthusiast

You mean that CS is selling a Hero without the Sprint bloatware? Is it running HTC sense UI? Lol... if so, what bandwith & frequency does it operate on? Lol... sorry for the questions... but have my reasons.

:)

Thanks...

11. sherfield2002

sherfield2002 Newbie

Yes, it is running Sense. I'm not sure about bandwidth and freq. How can I find out?

12. whoflungdo

whoflungdo Newbie

When I picked mine up on Friday, they said around 15,000. They sold over 8,000 with the pre-order.

BTW, I'm in the Jackson Metro area.

13. D1KD

D1KD Lurker

Madison here

14. cooolone2

cooolone2 Android Enthusiast

Well I would love to see a backup of the ROM loaded on my phone to see the differences. If any of you get adventurous and decide to root your unit and create a backup, please be kind and share. Lolz...

I know the apps can be removed, but this is akin to a "clean" install, :) which in my experience is much better to start with.

Regards

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews