1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nonsensikal v16.1 FINAL RELEASE Out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by knitpurlgurl, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I have lots of widgets on my home screen and don't have the problem. Once in a great while it will show 'problem displaying widget' or something like that, but 99% of the it's just fine.
    By any chance have you moved your widget programs to the SD card? If so you need to move the back, widgets must be installed in internal memory or they don't work correctly.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DcSports

DcSports Newbie

I think it must that the apps are saved to the SD card ty so much mhotovec, I am going to move them back and hopefully that will fix everything

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert

I've found that anything that needs to update regularly (automatically) should not be put on the sd card.

4. sloppy robot

sloppy robot Newbie

I just flashed this to try to resolve camera issues... HTC Droid Eris-Conaps Roms-DecafuctCFSv6.. but have no idea what that means. Can someone explain it? And should i have used version 7 or 8? Was that even a good idea? Stabs in the dark here... thanks.

5. Jomboni

Jomboni Member

not 100% sure but I think that's a kernel patch, and you should probably go with the most current version

6. LED

LED Android Enthusiast

Yeah that's a kernel flash. I prefer version 6, because v8 and v9 use the "smartass" governer, which in my experience causes the stuttering of pandora and other music apps while the screen is off. It also is laggier upon waking up especially when a phone call comes in.

7. sloppy robot

sloppy robot Newbie

what is a kernal flash though?

8. LED

LED Android Enthusiast

The kernel is the central portion of the operating system. It lets the applications on your phone interact with the hardware (cpu, memory, etc). All the roms you can download already include a version of the kernel. You can, of course, flash a different kernel if for some reason you wanted/needed to. The item you are referring to (cfsv6) is just the kernel (specifically Conap's CFS version 6).

9. starflorida

starflorida Newbie

Konap's CPUBOOST.apk lets you change governors.

Changed mine in ver9 from smartass to ondemand...no more stuttering or lag!

dgruetter and Praetorian like this.
  10. sae160

sae160 Newbie

Phone says low on space even after I moved every possible app to the SD card. Can something else be taking up disk space or is it possible that this is related to a bug? I'm having the same widget problems so I need to free up some internal memory to move a few apps back over.

11. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Text messages are a known space hog, if you've got lots of them on your phone.
    Email could be causing a problem also.

12. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

Starflorida,
    Thanks for the tip. The lag in the phone waking up with a phone call was driving me nuts and I forgot that the smartass governor limited the clock speed when the phone was sleeping. Going to try this out and see if it fixes it.

Edit - Worked like a charm.

13. sloppy robot

sloppy robot Newbie

my nonsensikal seems to be running way better with a reflash of cfsv6, the camera works now.

no idea if that makes sense.. but it just is

14. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member

I flashed 16.1 last night. Tried to oc it to 806, it didn't like that. It would reboot itself. Tried 787, it didn't like that either. It would constantly freeze after boot. After pulling the battery umpteen times and trying to get to setcpu before it would freeze I got it to 748. So far it seems happy. I don't really understand the jit. Should I turn it off. Lastly how do I get the Text to Speech to work. The "Install voice data" is darkened out.

PS. My camera isn't working either. It force closes when veiwing a picture after it's taken.

15. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Rather than going to the gallery directly from the camera, go back home and then open the photo gallery. Vice versa for when you want to go back to the camera.

IMHO, you will be much happier in the long run if your OC to 710 MHz. I think that anything faster stresses the processor too much and doesn't add all that much performance.

I'm not sure about text to speech - I never use this. If I do, I just install Vlingo and use that instead.

16. starflorida

starflorida Newbie

Since everything works for me I suspect that your problems are caused by over-clocking or a bad flash.

I also suggest reverting back to 710/245, get rid of setcpu and see if all is ok.

Otherwise, reflash (fulll wipe) with a fresh download from the source (MD5 verified).

TTS in setting is grayed because we only have pico (English) installed.
    If you download other languages, you'll be able to select one.

SF

17. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Android Enthusiast

i'm currently on 12.5, i'm thinking of updating to this one, but from what i've read so far, there's more to do than just flash the 16.1 ROM?

18. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert

I agree with all of this. Also, disable JIT. You'll notice a smoother, snappier phone.

I didn't do anything different. Created a NAND backup, wiped the cache, wiped the phone, reset the battery stats, and then flashed the 16.1. All is good.

19. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member

Seems oc pass 710 was the problem. The camera works fine and I uninstalled setcpu. I only wanted to try TTS. Thanks

20. kobel1up

kobel1up Android Enthusiast

Got a question on flashing a new kernel. I am running 12.5, not sure which kernel I am running.

21. doogald

settings->about phone. What is the kernel version?

22. kobel1up

kobel1up Android Enthusiast

2.6.29 decafuctcfs-dirty-c6271491 conap laptop#7
    that's what it says under the kernel version.
    I read that changing the kernel may help some of my issues when waking up and in call problems, I like the version I am running, just want to change the kernel. Do I just flash the new kernel, or do I need to do any wipes, or is it like doing a new rom wipe flash then flash the kernel.

23. doogald

I am pretty sure that the latest CFS v9 kernel - it matches the kernel version in Conap's CELB 4.0. You can try flashing an earlier version I suppose. The kernels are like ROMs - you flash them from Recovery. Do *not* do a data wipe (unless you want to reinstall everything from scratch), but I would do a Dalvik cache wipe. Though, saying that, I do wonder - does Android put any part of the Linux kernel in Dalvik cache?

Never mind that, it won't hurt to Dalvik wipe, but it will make the phone restart take a bit longer.

24. rinso

rinso Newbie

I'm loving this rom (my first foray into nonsensikal), but noticed that in the past there were issues about trackball notifications for sms, missed calls, and email.

So, is there a way to get trackball notifications? I know this is it for nonsensikal so I was hoping the answer was "yes!"

25. dirtyriffs

dirtyriffs Member

To get trackball notifications, you need to flash version 12.5 or earlier.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews