1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Noob Alert!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PrinceCorwin, Aug 2, 2013.

1. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Android Expert

Hi, all...

I'm an LG Spectrum owner who, after 5 replacements from VZ, will be getting a Droid RAZR HD next week. I guess they finally got sick and tired of hearing from me. lol

Well, anyway, I figured I drop an early Hello. I'll browze around your threads for the next couple of days to get a feel for the workings of the device.

BTW... how's the root experience in RAZRland?

2. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member

Root is available to everyone before the latest updated.

If you unlock boot loader, you'll find there's a relatively limited ROM selection.

There's a few dedicated RAZR HD/maxx ROMs, and then a whole bunch of unofficial/port roms. Many of them have issues with Bluetooth. I don't use Bluetooth, so I'm having fun flashing different ROMs.

PrinceCorwin likes this.
  3. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Android Expert

So I should be getting the RAZR tomorrow (Tues). From what I've read, I SHOULD NOT take the latest OTA, correct?

Do you think the phone will already have the update? I know when I've gotten my most recent LG Spectrum replacement, it already had the latest OTA.

And if it does have the update, am I screwed as far as rooting and ROMing are concerned?

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews