• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PrinceCorwin

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2012
Houston, TX
Hi, all...

I'm an LG Spectrum owner who, after 5 replacements from VZ, will be getting a Droid RAZR HD next week. I guess they finally got sick and tired of hearing from me. lol

Well, anyway, I figured I drop an early Hello. I'll browze around your threads for the next couple of days to get a feel for the workings of the device.

BTW... how's the root experience in RAZRland?

Root is available to everyone before the latest updated.

If you unlock boot loader, you'll find there's a relatively limited ROM selection.

There's a few dedicated RAZR HD/maxx ROMs, and then a whole bunch of unofficial/port roms. Many of them have issues with Bluetooth. I don't use Bluetooth, so I'm having fun flashing different ROMs.

Reactions: PrinceCorwin
Upvote 0
So I should be getting the RAZR tomorrow (Tues). From what I've read, I SHOULD NOT take the latest OTA, correct?

Do you think the phone will already have the update? I know when I've gotten my most recent LG Spectrum replacement, it already had the latest OTA.

And if it does have the update, am I screwed as far as rooting and ROMing are concerned?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones