• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Noob. And I need some help/advice!!!

Alright, so I've done some reading up on rooting and I think I want to do it.

I've got a Motorola Droid, I got the OTA update to 2.2 so that's up and running.

All I want to do is get the HTC Sense UI on my phone. If I use easy root, can i then download metamorph and install the UI? do i need to reboot in recovery and flash something? I hate asking you guys these dumb questions, but I could really use the help. Any step-by-step advice or insight would be HUGELY helpful! thanks in advance, you guys are the best!!!

I have never used Easy Root so not sure all that it does if anything besides give you root

Once you have root you need to at least flash a recovery(if Easy root didn't change it for you). Either SPrecovery or Clockwork. You can easily do this will the Rom Manager app. Then you should be able to load metamorph and Sense UI.

You might have to flash a stock Froyo rom first but IDK. I would just try the steps above first if you really don't want to flash any roms although I have no idea why you wouldn't want to.

Are you sure there isn't a launcher that gives you Sense in the way you want? Again, idk because I like the stock launcher.

Good Luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones