• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Noob Android user, asking a couple questions.

DiceMoney

Lurker
Aug 4, 2011
This is my first post, am a total noob to the Android world. Today we bought a phone under a family plan,(is not mine so I don't have it in the moment) and had AT&T plan. So because I got a ultra limited data plan, I want to ask, a couple questions.

Is there a way, (app or settings) that will stop my data plan, so I don't have to pay overage charges? Am really worried about going over the limit. what are the steps to avoid this, if any. Let's say you are about to hit your data cap limit, is there a way to know you are going over your limit? Can you have a way to stop/disable your 3g automatically while still being able to make phone calls, before you start going over it.
Maybe am asking the wrong questions, but what are the best ways to manage your data. (How do you keep your apps in sync without using your cap) If you can.

Any pointers in how to manage you data cap with a very limited data plan? Which are the best apps or best way to set up settings, thanks.

This is my first post, am a total noob to the Android world. Today we bought a phone under a family plan,(is not mine so I don't have it in the moment) and had AT&T plan. So because I got a ultra limited data plan, I want to ask, a couple questions.

Is there a way, (app or settings) that will stop my data plan, so I don't have to pay overage charges? Am really worried about going over the limit. what are the steps to avoid this, if any. Let's say you are about to hit your data cap limit, is there a way to know you are going over your limit? Can you have a way to stop/disable your 3g automatically while still being able to make phone calls, before you start going over it.
Maybe am asking the wrong questions, but what are the best ways to manage your data. (How do you keep your apps in sync without using your cap) If you can.

Any pointers in how to manage you data cap with a very limited data plan? Which are the best apps or best way to set up settings, thanks.

For a start, see if this app helps ... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones