1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Noob Android user, asking a couple questions.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DiceMoney, Aug 4, 2011.

1. DiceMoney

DiceMoney Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    This is my first post, am a total noob to the Android world. Today we bought a phone under a family plan,(is not mine so I don't have it in the moment) and had AT&T plan. So because I got a ultra limited data plan, I want to ask, a couple questions.

Is there a way, (app or settings) that will stop my data plan, so I don't have to pay overage charges? Am really worried about going over the limit. what are the steps to avoid this, if any. Let's say you are about to hit your data cap limit, is there a way to know you are going over your limit? Can you have a way to stop/disable your 3g automatically while still being able to make phone calls, before you start going over it.
    Maybe am asking the wrong questions, but what are the best ways to manage your data. (How do you keep your apps in sync without using your cap) If you can.

Any pointers in how to manage you data cap with a very limited data plan? Which are the best apps or best way to set up settings, thanks.

Advertisement

2. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
  3. varungnath

varungnath Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011

For a start, see if this app helps ... :)

4. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Japan
    There's a widget too can put on your homescreen that allows you to toggle your data connection so you only turn it on when you need it. How much data do you get?
    In my opinion it's a bit of a shame to buy a smartphone then cripple it by avoiding the internet. But different people need different things. :)