1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root noob but not a newb Inc rooting questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trophynuts, Sep 15, 2011.

1. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    hey guys. I am about to get my fiance an Inc to get her first android experience going. I'm pretty familiar with rooting and i'm pretty sure i'll be able to figure it out via the how to's. I do have just a couple of questions first though.

1. When playing around with my DX if i screw it up i can apply the SBF file to restore it completely and it is basically Brick Proof. Is there a similar method that you would do for an Inc if you were to get in a bad situation?

2. I want to put a good solid rom with emphasis on BATTERY LIFE on the phone before i give it to her. Does anyone have a good suggestion for this? It doesn't have to have all of the fancy bells and whistles (she's coming from a wackberry so just having a Droid is a huge step up) i just want something that runs very stable and has good battery life.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    1.) Nandroid backup/restore through Clockwork recovery which you get by default when you root with Unrevoked. Try to find one with Froyo still on it. They did a partial OTA rollout of Gingerbread to some phones and its currently unrootable. So 2.2 is good, 2.3.4 is bad...unless you're buying a rooted phone in which case i just typed that for nothing. :D

2.) Cyanogen is probably one of the best battery-wise. The newest Gingerbread rooted roms aren't too bad either imo if she wants a more stock experience.

3.) Welcome to the Inc forum.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    thanks. Glad to be here.

She doesn't know the difference between stock and sense or blur for that matter lol.

Awesome so basically your telling me the Inc is brick proof as long as i have a nandroid backup.

....krap the one i'm buying may or may not have that OTA on it. I'll have to find out Sunday. Its not already rooted i know that. I'm actually buying it from someone that works at a cell phone dealer. It's been in an otter box since day one and should be in really good condition.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Not sure about brick proof but yeah as close as you'll get. Very few bricks on this phone unless somebody did something really dumb. I think there's a writeup in a sticky here for the root procedure. Pretty easy, run a utility from pc while patched in with usb cable.

trophynuts likes this.