1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Noob droid eris user getting phone on monday

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rubinscube, Dec 6, 2009.

1. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Colorado
    do you have suggestions and advice on what to do before I get my droid eris and the day I get it? I will be on the verizon bandwagon:D

Advertisement

2. Jlopcpa

Jlopcpa Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Michigan
    Congrats, you will love the phone. Dont know if this is your first smartphone or not.

What I did, since the it syncs seemlessly with GMail, is go through and trim and organize your Gmail contacts and emails. If you dont have a GMail account you may want to working on setting it up and moving your contacts over. I found being organized before helped out a ton.

Since I use my phone for my corporate email (exchange) and had address on both Gmail and exchange, in order to avoid duplicate listing (Gmail and exchange) I move all my personal contacts to Gmail and keep exchange for all my professional contacts.

There are a lot of great tips thought out the forum including what apps to get an what apps not to get. Also I would get a car charger, starting off the battery life is not that good but seems to get better over a course of a couple of weeks. Some people choose to install some Task Apps (cant remember the names) but I did not and really I can get the battery to last most of the day, but I charge it in the car and at my office.

Some good apps are;
    Bloo - Facebook (Much better than the official app)
    Google Sky
    Shazam
    Spare Parts
    OI Shopping
    ColorNote
    Shop Savvy - barcode reader (Really cool)
    Mileage

Good luck have fun and make sure you keep checking the forums they are the best source

3. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Colorado
    :D:D:D

thanks for the info

4. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I would suggest starting by reading the battery tips and tips & tricks stickied threads. I am new with Eris and learned tons of helpful info! :)

5. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Listen to this one. Don't be disgruntled by the battery life when you get it, it just takes a little battery conditioning and some sweet talking and you'll be getting at least 15 hours on one charge, with moderate to semi-heavy usage.. :D