• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Noob droid eris user getting phone on monday

Congrats, you will love the phone. Dont know if this is your first smartphone or not.

What I did, since the it syncs seemlessly with GMail, is go through and trim and organize your Gmail contacts and emails. If you dont have a GMail account you may want to working on setting it up and moving your contacts over. I found being organized before helped out a ton.

Since I use my phone for my corporate email (exchange) and had address on both Gmail and exchange, in order to avoid duplicate listing (Gmail and exchange) I move all my personal contacts to Gmail and keep exchange for all my professional contacts.

There are a lot of great tips thought out the forum including what apps to get an what apps not to get. Also I would get a car charger, starting off the battery life is not that good but seems to get better over a course of a couple of weeks. Some people choose to install some Task Apps (cant remember the names) but I did not and really I can get the battery to last most of the day, but I charge it in the car and at my office.

Some good apps are;
Bloo - Facebook (Much better than the official app)
Google Sky
Shazam
Spare Parts
OI Shopping
ColorNote
Shop Savvy - barcode reader (Really cool)
Mileage

Good luck have fun and make sure you keep checking the forums they are the best source

Upvote 0
I would suggest starting by reading the battery tips and tips & tricks stickied threads. I am new with Eris and learned tons of helpful info! :)
Listen to this one. Don't be disgruntled by the battery life when you get it, it just takes a little battery conditioning and some sweet talking and you'll be getting at least 15 hours on one charge, with moderate to semi-heavy usage.. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones