1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Noob: From Iphone 4 to Evo 4g-Help Please?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MeLvYnRaY, May 16, 2011.

1. MeLvYnRaY

MeLvYnRaY Newbie
    None

May 15, 2011
    First off.... Im a believer now! I prob will never go back to iphone lol

Anyhow. Im a little confused at how some things work. Mainly the tasks. At any given time theres like 20 apps running according to task manager. Why? And why when i kill them, they come right back.

I have selected the auto kill option, and i really dont know what im doing to be honest. I just dont want all the crap running all the time. My only complaint on the phone is battery life is insanely bad. Really bad.

What app should have to keep all the background stuff to a minimum, and mainly, if i have the auto kill will it block all twitter,facebook and text notifications and stuff?

I tried the search but there were so many topics, most went off topic and im lost lol

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

2. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    You don't have to worry about what tasks are running, Android will manage that for you. Task killers usually do more harm than good.

Read the stickies. Do you plan to root your phone? After you get used to it you really should consider it, and then you have a world of amazing rom's to choose from!

There are literally hundreds of threads on battery life to choose from, like this one - 18 Battery tips and tricks for longer battery life My Blog

3. MeLvYnRaY

MeLvYnRaY Newbie
    None

May 15, 2011
    Root? Similar to iphone jailbreak? I'll have to check into that. I justreally want longer battery life at this point lol

4. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Yes, similar to jailbreak. It can give you better battery life due to custom roms.

btw since you are an iphone user, check this out - MIUI Official Site

5. sikclown

sikclown Android Expert
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    Uninstall the task killer immediately, makes battery life worse. Go over the the tips and tricks section for everything you need to know about battery life, etc. Welcome to the Revolution and God Speed!

6. BigMamma

None

May 16, 2011
    Yeah, follow sikclown's advice. He da man. I think the tips and tricks threat will break down how things work in regard to battery life.

7. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Male
    security and surveillance and finance
    Windy City of Chicago
    Yep android will manage tasks for ya and rooting should improve the battery life substantially but you should also consider getting another cheap battery from like Amazon it really helps.

Tags: