1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Noob here rooted unlocked sgs2( originally 3 uk) is not working with orange uk sim

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by annatony, May 5, 2012.

1. annatony

annatony Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Hello guys newbie her hope u wonderful people can help me. Sorry i have spend lots of time reading posts. But still cannot work it out. Forgive me

My problem is i have rooted and unlocked my wife's sgs2 which was locked to 3 uk is not recognising my orange uk micro sim, the reason to doing so is we like to swap our phones.

even tho i have unlocked whenever i turn the sgs2 on it pops up the 3 welcome screen.
    i am running icecream sandwitch 4.0.3
    base band ver. I9100NELP3
    Kernel ver 3.0.15-I9100XWLP7-CL340913dpi@DELL134#3
    Bulild no IML74K.XWLP7

Please please any suggestions to get the phone working on orange is really i mean it really appreciated.

Also if u guys need to any more information kindly shout,

Do i need to flash a different rom to get the phone working on different sim? if so do i need a rom with XWLP7 kernel?

Thx a lot in advance and waiting to hear from u brilliant peoples from this site.

Thx
    Tony

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Are you sure the SIM isn't being recognised? Unlocking the handset only removes the software lock - the original boot animation/splash screen(s) and carrier-specific software remain.

annatony likes this.
  3. annatony

annatony Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Thx Mr Slug,

The phone is recognising the sim, Sorry about the mistake. If no sim the phone says no sim, If i insert the sim it says no network.

Would u be able to tell me more how to do it? I have rom manger installed. Do u want me to flash another rom? Or is that anything to do with the APN settings? Just to know is the APN settings only for internet and mms or is it also related to calls and other?

Thx a lot in advance,Awiting to hear from u
    Tony

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Can you try the SIM in another handset, to check that it's not simply a network fault?

If you unlocked it by entering the unlock code as requested when you inserted the off-network SIM then the handset should accept any other network SIM thereafter.

One thought - you mention "micro SIM". Are you using this in an adapter to fit the GS2? That might be the problem.

That shouldn't be necessary, and in any case ROM Manager isn't reliable with the GS2 and isn't advised.

No, as you correctly surmised the APNs are only relevant to mobile data connections and have no bearing on normal 2G use.

annatony likes this.
  5. annatony

annatony Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012

Any idea to delete network operators welcome screen and other stuff from my phone?

6. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    As far as I know, you need root for that.

annatony likes this.
  7. annatony

annatony Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Thx For the reply.

The phone is already rooted. would u able to guide me what u want me to do to delete operators own stuff from my phone?

Thx
    Tony

8. mattyboyo

mattyboyo Member
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    You don't need root. You just need to flash a generic unbranded firmware using Odin. I'm sure one if the stickies tells you how.

annatony likes this.
  9. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    I think Anatomy wanted to remove the bloatware as well.... hence he mentioned about other things. Didn't know just flashing another version can remove those things. Always read that root was required.

I am not rooted since I don't have those branded apps in the phone and never found it necessary. But if you are rooted, there are apps to freeze any apps you don't want. Also to remove.

Cheers

annatony likes this.
  10. annatony

annatony Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Hello All,
    Thx for all your support and messages. Now the phone is working with other sims.

All i did was get rid of the original network firmware by flashing an unbranded firmware,
    Thx
    Tony