1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Noob ? How do I load z4root on my Droid X from my computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hclague, Feb 2, 2011.

1. hclague

hclague Lurker

Hi All

Noob question. How do I load z4root onto my droidX form my computer since this app is not available in the marketplace?

Thanks

Hal

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

Z4 installs from your phone. If you have the APK on your PC and need to transfer it to the phone. Pluge your phone in with the USB cable, from the info bar on your phone select Mass Storage, the just drag n drop like you would any other file.

Alternatively you can you use dropbox. I started storing all my DX files on Dropbox to get easy access when changing roms, apps, and themes...

3. Steven58

Easier way: From your phone's browser, navigate to: Download z4root 1.3.0 for Android Free - z4root will root your device and enable you to supply system level access to applications that request it. - Softpedia

Click onto the link and download it. It'll download to sdcard\download

click on it and you're set. It will install on your phone. Hint: once you've installed it, REBOOT THE PHONE BEFORE ATTEMPTING ROOT. After reboot, select permanent root. It'll root your phone and reboot you. Give it a minute or three. :) Good luck!

4. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

Steve that is way to simple, shouldn't you keep things at least a little challenging?

He asked how to transfer from PC... I answered. I guess you can see how much of a 1 Tracked mind I have. Way to think outside the box! LOL

5. Steven58

6. hclague

hclague Lurker

Thanks Guys :)

7. Steven58

anytime! keep asking questions!

8. hclague

hclague Lurker

Thanks Steven58

I think it worked. where can I see the "super user" code on the phone?

Hal

9. Steven58

There's a super user app in the app drawer. Other than that, I don't understand what you mean by a super user code.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews