• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root noob needs clarification

kool kat2

Android Expert
May 21, 2011
Carson, CA
Ok so i finally rooted my droid x with z4root. Now i have the droid x bootstrapper and the team black hat app. I see the roms for gb 2.3 aand also an sbf. Ive seen a few posts thay say that id have to sbf to something before running roms and stuff so now ive been confused. I thought i just picked a compatible rom and use bootstrapper. Do i just go ahead with the roms or do somethi g with the sbf (or anything else)? (I tried searching and couldnt get this answered so thanks for any help and patience lol-

I'm not the most experienced with this, but people are probably going to ask what roms you want to install and what you're currently using. I'm guessing you're on stock, but what version? Settings->About phone->System Version and Android version are your friends.

Also, as far as how to install roms in general, your best bet is to find a thread regarding that particular rom, as different roms install differently and right now there's a fair number of variables that could impact the process.

Upvote 0
What version are you on now?

You need to be on GB to use GB ROMS.. if all you have done is root your phone then you need to take the steps to get on GB then you can use GB ROMS.

Let us know what version you are on, then we can tell you what you need to do next.

thanks i thought i could use any droid x roms. that couldve turneed out bad

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones