• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Noob needs help

device is a Kindle fire 5 gen os 5.3.6.4
That's a pretty old Android version, so you're going to run into more and more apps that fail to run, either partially or completely.
I have play services installed Gmail work's fine
Just because one app works fine doesn't mean others will. :)

My guess is that the game you're having trouble with recently had an update--and it was the last straw. Up until then, your system was up to its requirements, and now it's not.

There are a few things you can try, but if my guess is correct they're not going to help. From System Settings, find Google Play Services and clear its cache. Reboot your device. Try playing your game. Any luck?

Upvote 0
How can I have play services running then have a game tell me 'it needs play services and that my device does not support it' device is a Kindle fire 5 gen os 5.3.6.4 I have play services installed Gmail work's fine

One line to clarify
Tell's me it needs play services and that my device does not support play services when play services is running

Upvote 0
What game is it? Was it already on the device. The Google Play Store app page description for that game will list the current requirements. If you were to uninstall it, then try to download from the Play Store, it might then say your device is not suitable. This applies to general Android devices of an older generation and spec, I forget what limits a kindle has :oops:

Upvote 0
What game is it? Was it already on the device. The Google Play Store app page description for that game will list the current requirements. If you were to uninstall it, then try to download from the Play Store, it might then say your device is not suitable. This applies to general Android devices of an older generation and spec, I forget what limits a kindle has
oops.png

It says not support when play store is running and thank you to everyone who is trying to help me

is this happening only on this game? Or other games?

By the way I alerted the mods to either merge or delete your other threads. Just easier to converse in one thread.

I don't know how I put out multiple threads my apologies for the confusion

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones