• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Noob needs help.

drunkdrumer

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
ok im not a technotard but first, i cant seem to figure out how to turn my eris into a wireless hot spot. ive seen that it is possible so where do i go?? Second, whats the best app for O/C. Im rooted but running a stock rom and would kinda like to leave it at that but still want a little better performance. I have removed some of the bloatware but dont know where to go from here. :thinking: Any and all information would be helpfull. Thanx in advance......

ok im not a technotard but first, i cant seem to figure out how to turn my eris into a wireless hot spot. ive seen that it is possible so where do i go?? Second, whats the best app for O/C. Im rooted but running a stock rom and would kinda like to leave it at that but still want a little better performance. I have removed some of the bloatware but dont know where to go from here. :thinking: Any and all information would be helpfull. Thanx in advance......

First, Welcome to the forum!

I moved your thread to the All things Root section, since your questions pertain to a rooted phone.

Look in the market for an app called wifi tether. That will turn on your hot spot. There's another called aNetshare, but i dont think it's in the market. You'll have to search for that one.

SetCPU is what you'll want to use for OC'ing. Do a little search and you'll find plenty of information on what are safe speeds to improve your phone's speed.

Reactions: drunkdrumer
Upvote 0
Reactions: drunkdrumer
Upvote 0
Sean(aka Scary Alien) can explain this better than anyone.
Stay tuned ;)

Lol, well, I don't know about that! :)

drunkdrumer, what method did you use for rooting your phone? (my money's on jcase's 1-click method...?).

If you used this method, then at one point, you would have "flashed" the rootme.zip file in Amon_RA's custom recovery menu (i.e., it would have looked like figure 33 in this post: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/127861-universal-eris-root-dummies.html#post1186824).

The above post is actually a very well document instructional that you can follow to learn about Nandroid backups (make sure you take one), flashing, wiping, etc. Be sure to carefully read it and heed its advice--the "One" that wrote it, erisuser1 (we really should call him "Neo", don't you think, Noe? :D) is a highly-respected member whose posts should be ignored at your peril.

Read through it and see if you have more questions (it can do a much better job that I can).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
i used the universal root app i found on appbucket and used spritebackup first. so i have no clue if i flashed or not. just click and voila.....superuser access. as far as nandroid goes i dont even know what the hell it is but i will def read. thanx for all the help. ill def be following "neo" and all his wisdom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones