• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help noob on a learning curve plz take a look

baz2011uk

Lurker
Nov 13, 2014
so had the OTA update LOLLIPOP for my g3 D885 and the first one gave me UI errors

so used the lg flash tool to get me back to V10A software using the kdz file a few of the OTA updates later and i am on V10L all good so far

i then apply the OTA V20E for lollipop again all installs fine and no UI errors so great then i notice no home buttons so near off impossible to navigate around i also noticed when i clicked WI-FI it just hung there i was able to go in and out the screen but it would just stay on searching

i am very new to this so am being cautions on what i am doing so not to screw it up

so i decided to flash again using the lg flash tool to get me back to V10A again via the kdz file and do OTA updates to get back to V10L

could some advise or show me the file i would need to at least get to V10L as cant seem to find it and also how do i tell what carrier its on and if its for UK and 16GB

i have read loads on here but not 100% sure as i am trying to take to much in so a little hand in the right direction i hope will help me

once i have the kdz file for a 16GB UK v10l i will then try again with getting lollipop on my g3 as would like to at least have it to try it if there is also a file that will work for me is it worth trying that?

i hope the above makes seance and someone is able to help me out

thanks for your time

cheers baz

Last edited:
Since you're on V10L, you can try to use the instructs in the OP of this thread:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/how-get-lg-flashfiles-direct-kdz-1744645/

I'm not sure if the results for that are instant or not. But if so, it should show what firmware you're currently on and MOST times it will also give you a download for the KDZ. In that event, you don't need to worry about 16 vs 32 GB as it's listing the firmware which is on your device already. Otherwise, you just have to find a download which specifies 16 or 32. Some do, knowing it's an important factor, others don't.

You may have to do a factory reset if you have problems. Jumping to 5.0 involves some major changes and applying it over the top of KK is not something I'd care to do personally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones