1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Noob Question about LTE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fdotorres, Nov 26, 2011.

1. fdotorres

fdotorres Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    I saw this on Samsung's official Galaxy note page:
    Network
    HSPA+ up to 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
    4G LTE
    EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900

I see people here posting different things about what signal they get on AT&T, so my question was if this device's LTE works in AT&T or not? I want it, but LTE is a must have for me to leave the SKyrocket for the Note.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. fdotorres

fdotorres Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
  3. Hd2001glide

Hd2001glide Newbie
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    I am in Houston and I am getting h+ on my Note after having to restart the phone 3 times. The unlocked Note does not work immediately on a AT&T system like the AT&T branded phone.

I really enjoy the larger screen but I am also a Big "stylus" user and this was the deciding factor for me more so than the larger screen. The SKYrocket is pretty nice phone not sure I would give that up for the Note especially knowing the price difference unless you really like the use of a stylus like I do.

I also use a Verizon 4G MiFi for my laptop and I have hooked it up to my Note as well and the Verizon MiFi is faster than the speed I am getting directly from AT&T. Sorry, I can't provide any technical speed tests but you do notice the faster response with the Verizon MiFi. Thanks.

4. fdotorres

fdotorres Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    here in san juan, P.R. I get 4-6mbps on HSPA+ and around 14-18mbps on LTE. The fastest cable ISP here charges around $85 for 6mbps with 40gb limit, so a fast mobile connection is a must for me

I guess that i'll wait for a Nexus or a Note LTE version that works for AT&T. I don't like the Skyrocket that much (love having a physical home button and the exynos performance), but LTE is so much faster on what i use the most... i'd pay loads more for an LTE note dammit :(

thanks for the info BTW, you just saved be a bunch of money!