• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nOob question about using voice to make reply texts in words

KAL-EL

Feb 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ok I currently am using the SMS POPUP app and with "quick reply" enabled, I am able to use the google mic button to use my voice to translate a reply text. Like "be right there" for example. I really like being able to not have type a reply and am wondering if any of you fine people know of a way that I can enable this feature in normal texting without having to use a quick reply? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: if this is in the wrong forum then I apologize. I just bought my Droid a few weeks ago and posted here because well, its the droid section :)

Ok I currently am using the SMS POPUP app and with "quick reply" enabled, I am able to use the google mic button to use my voice to translate a reply text. Like "be right there" for example. I really like being able to not have type a reply and am wondering if any of you fine people know of a way that I can enable this feature in normal texting without having to use a quick reply? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: if this is in the wrong forum then I apologize. I just bought my Droid a few weeks ago and posted here because well, its the droid section :)

This will come when the 2.1 update comes. Voice will be enabled via a Mic button on every onscreen keyboard in the phone (so in addition to texting, anything else that uses the keyboard)...

I should say I know this because I am rooted and using 2.1 (the release that is meant for the Droid from VZW, modified of course). I'm running an ESE53 build (I think it is), which is what the Droid update is based upon...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones