1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Noob question... Please help? :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yumunum, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Yumunum

Yumunum Newbie

Right now I'm using CM 6.1.1 on my Nexus One. When I flashed CM for the first time I wiped my SD card right after I installed the ROM, so I really don't remember too much about what happened to my apps or anything like that. So, my question is, if I want to install CM 7, can I just wipe my phone with ROM manager right before installing it, and then not wipe my SD card afterwards? Will the apps, pictures, ect., that is on my SD card right now magically appear untouched on CM 7? I guess I'm just not sure how the SD card contents will be affected when flashing ROMs, and I'm not sure if after you flash a new ROM, the ROM can use all of the stuff that's on your SD card just like the ROM you had before did.. Does that kinda make sense? I feel dumb for asking all this. Also, when I save a backup of my ROM, the backup will just be a copy of all of my phone's internal memory and the operating system, right? And when I wipe my phone and install a new ROM, the new ROM just replaces all of my phone's old contents? So if I ever flashed my original ROM again, it'd bring back all of my phone's contents, system memory, operating system, apps installed on the phone, ect?

Thanks for taking the time to read my long, poorly written batch of questions Help would be very very appreciated! :)

Advertisement

2. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast

A new ROM will wipe all your content / apps on the phone mem. ,but not on the SD ,all that you have on the SD will remain there and will "see" them like the original ROM [pictures ,videos etc].
    As for the apps ,apps like Asphalt 5 [apps that require download] will only require 5-10mb of download instead of 100mb+ [as the first time] ,thus only having to install them on phone.

So that being said ,your card will be fine after the flash.

3. Yumunum

Yumunum Newbie

Okay.. so I just installed CM7. However like 10 of my apps are missing. :/ I'm not sure why only some of them didn't transfer.

4. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast

That's because some of them [if not all that didn't transfer] require some part of the app to be installed on the phone mem. reinstall them and see if the apps. work with the part that remained on the SD.

Tags: