• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Noob question

How do I change the boot order because it keeps booting into cwm when I turn it on?How do I change the mboot background because it still says Classicnerd.Is it normal for the TP to randomly restart itself?It's been doing it for a while now a little before I put Nightlies on it.It's never done that when I first installed Android on it.

Upvote 0
How do I change the boot order because it keeps booting into cwm when I turn it on?How do I change the mboot background because it still says Classicnerd.Is it normal for the TP to randomly restart itself?It's been doing it for a while now a little before I put Nightlies on it.It's never done that when I first installed Android on it.

I'm thinking you've got this install just buggered up enough that the only way you are going to straighten it out is a clean install. That means uninstall CM completely and start over.

However, to answer your question, you need a file browser like Rom Toolbox Lite so you can access the /boot folder and look for the moboot.default file. Open it in the editor and change it to read CyanogenMod and save it.

While you are in that folder, you should see a file named something like
moboot.background.tga. That is the background you are seeing. Delete it and you will just have a black background in moboot.

Upvote 0
CWM is the default after install moboot. There's a preware app that can be used to change the default and increase the number of seconds before the default is chosen. Edit your moboot menu

http://androidforums.com/hp-touchpad/607706-how-make-cm9-boot-default.html#post4876960

Moboot backgrounds can be found on Rootzwiki, but the directions could also be used to remove the tga file: [MOBOOT] My Moboot Themes - HP Touchpad Android Development - RootzWiki

http://androidforums.com/hp-touchpad/578292-moboot-themes.html

Reboots have decreased in the last 6 months, but I still had one the other day so they're not completely fixed. I only get them if my TP is sleeping (screen off), and can also be reduced/resolved by increasing the min cpu speed by one or two increments.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking you've got this install just buggered up enough that the only way you are going to straighten it out is a clean install. That means uninstall CM completely and start over.

However, to answer your question, you need a file browser like Rom Toolbox Lite so you can access the /boot folder and look for the moboot.default file. Open it in the editor and change it to read CyanogenMod and save it.

While you are in that folder, you should see a file named something like
moboot.background.tga. That is the background you are seeing. Delete it and you will just have a black background in moboot.

Can you please provide a link so I can do a clean install?Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones