1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NOOB Question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Mr_Flintstone, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Mr_Flintstone

Mr_Flintstone Newbie

Hey guys... I just inherited a Mach Speed Trio (cheapie) 4.3 tablet. Its a pretty cool little tablet, but kinda slow (1.2 Mhz/512 MB with Android 4.04). My question is whether or not downgrading it to an earlier version of the OS will yield better performance. The only thing that I would probably use it for would be as a music player or for occasionally browsing the web.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Unless there's a version of 2.3/3.0 for it, which I doubt, there's probably nothing you can do. That little amount of RAM is what's causing it to be so slow.

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Android 4 is pretty slick man even on lower end devices but your specs dont seem that bad. Have you factory reset since getting it?

4. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

ocnbrze and funkylogik like this.
  5. AerisLacuna

AerisLacuna Newbie

ocnbrze and LilBit like this.
  6. Mr_Flintstone

Mr_Flintstone Newbie

Thanks guys. I'll take a little time to look over the info and see what can be done.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

In my experience when I flashed my old Galaxy SL (1Ghz single core and 512RAM) to jellybean, it actually became faster and smoother.

breadnatty08 and ocnbrze like this.
  8. AerisLacuna

AerisLacuna Newbie

My clients (aww hell, my friends) are bugging me about Cyanogenmod, but I have no clue how I'd even get started with that. I'll dig around more on that topic, but if anyone here could point me in a good direction I'm open to suggestions. I promise, I'll give credit when I make it big on the scene as the coolest, most charming android developer ever in all of history, and I'm on tv and in magazines, doing late night with Conan and Leno, dating movie stars, paying rent, buying things....

Sorry, got carried away by my daydreams.