1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Noob root question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joe Eris, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Logistics
    Riverside CA
    I rooted using the root for dummies im running the plain jane rom but i can't get any live wallpapers to work. Also can't delete any stock apps, and i seem to have lost my lock screen. Am i just using the wrong ROM? Or what am i doing wrong? Please help

Advertisement

2. skapooj

skapooj Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I also rooted the "dummies" way recently and am on PlainJane. I do know that this rom is not compatible with live wallpapers.

Also from what I've gathered, having root doesn't mean you can simply delete the stock apps. There is a .zip file right under the link where you originally downloaded the PlainJane.zip that when flashed will remove the bloat (extra/not-as-useful) stock sense apps.

I did not lose my lock screen when I flashed this ROM, so I don't know what to tell you there. If Live wallpapers were a main reason for your rooting your phone, I might switch to the new evil eris ROM because I believe that ROM, supports LWP. That migth solve your lock screen issue as well. Dont hold me to it though. Im sure a quick search will find you the answer you need.

Joe Eris likes this.
  3. Joe Eris

Mar 16, 2010
    Logistics
    Riverside CA
    Thanks for the info. I got my lock screen back. But now my question is how do i switch roms

4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Southern Californina
    You can use lwp but you just need to use the nexus launcher rather than the sense ui. I have lwp installed on my just so i can show of to friends and family that i have a live wall paper of mario :D

5. Joe Eris

Mar 16, 2010
    Logistics
    Riverside CA
    So is the nexus launcher in the market.?