• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Noob snoob question about favorites

Alright, I tried searching the forums, then google..but no luck finding an answer to this problem I'm having.

Every time I press People on the home screen, I've got all my contacts correctly sync'd and all the contacts I want to see and normally call are there.

Now, when I try adding some people onto Favorites, there's this completely different contact list. Looking at it, it's got ALL my contacts from Gmail and there are also a lot of people on this contact list that my Favorites are rooting from that aren't in my People list.

Any help on how to correctly sync my contacts so the same list I have on People show up to the list my Favorites widget are sourcing from is greatly appreciated!

This is my first Android...HTC Thunderbolt with Froyo 2.2.1 with Kernel Verstion 2.6.32.21

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but for each contact I want as a favorite (or in any other group), just go into the contact and scroll down to Group. Hit menu, edit and change the group or create a new one, then add a shortcut to favorites folder on a homescreen, and anyone marked in that group will be in that folder. Hope that helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones