1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Noob snoob question about favorites

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ballbearing, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Ballbearing

Ballbearing Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Selling gun parts at Sundowntactical.com
    Los Angeles, CA
    Alright, I tried searching the forums, then google..but no luck finding an answer to this problem I'm having.

Every time I press People on the home screen, I've got all my contacts correctly sync'd and all the contacts I want to see and normally call are there.

Now, when I try adding some people onto Favorites, there's this completely different contact list. Looking at it, it's got ALL my contacts from Gmail and there are also a lot of people on this contact list that my Favorites are rooting from that aren't in my People list.

Any help on how to correctly sync my contacts so the same list I have on People show up to the list my Favorites widget are sourcing from is greatly appreciated!

This is my first Android...HTC Thunderbolt with Froyo 2.2.1 with Kernel Verstion 2.6.32.21

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Ballbearing

Ballbearing Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Selling gun parts at Sundowntactical.com
    Los Angeles, CA
    wow no one really knows...i guess this isn't a noob question at all. I'll post whatever I can find.

3. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but for each contact I want as a favorite (or in any other group), just go into the contact and scroll down to Group. Hit menu, edit and change the group or create a new one, then add a shortcut to favorites folder on a homescreen, and anyone marked in that group will be in that folder. Hope that helps...

4. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    QA Analyst
    Ohio
    "Favorites" in People = "Starred in Android" from Gmail contacts. So, if you update your contact(s) from Gmail (like on a PC vs. the phone) any contact that you add to the group "Starred in Android" will trickle down to the "Favorites" widget / group.

-DanDroid