1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Noob to this forum. Hello.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BillW1967, Nov 1, 2014.

1. BillW1967

BillW1967 Lurker

As stated I'm a noob to this forum. I'm from TN in the US. Try not to hold that against me. I didn't vote for him.
    Any way. I dabble in rooting my old phones and tablets. Dabble. Not very good at it but have yet to totaly brick one. Trying to work on a new to her but old tablet for my 2 year old grandaughter to play with, and most likely destroy.
    That's about it, Thanx in advance for any help.:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello BillW1967. We have new members daily here but they are considered members... no noob status or treatment. All for one and one for all here :) Thanks for joining our ranks. I hope you enjoy these forums. Do let us know if you have any difficulty finding the root area for that tablet for the little one. We'll be happy to help point you in the best direction for info and assistance.

3. BillW1967

BillW1967 Lurker

Well I am searching for a good compatible ROM and rooting method for that tab. Even considering a roll back to the original ice cream sandwich that was on the device. But like a dummy I didn't do a back up of the original before rolling it up to jelly bean.
    Have a post with the info in another part of this forum. Hope it's ok to post a link to it. http://androidforums.com/my-tablet/878719-assistance-upgrade-issue.html

4. BillW1967

BillW1967 Lurker

Oh and heck at my age one doesn't really care about labels like noob. For that matter had to ask my son what it ment. So it works for me.

5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Hi BillW1967 and Welcome to Android Forums.

6. Justin01

Justin01 Well-Known Member

Welcome to androidforums BillW1967!

7. BillW1967

BillW1967 Lurker

Hey Olbriar? Help? LOL. Anyone? Since Matricom is not any help, it looks like I'll have to consider a different ROM or find a way to clone the twin to her tablet and flash the clone to hers. Any ideas?