1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Noob wanting info

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GIFFY LUB3, Sep 13, 2011.

1. GIFFY LUB3

GIFFY LUB3 Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    New Mexico
    So I have the Prevail and rooted it last night. I have TB, rootchecker, and superuser on there now. Where do I go from here and what all should i do to my phone now? This is my first experience with andriod and rooting and I am not real good with all this stuff but I want to get better performance out of my phone. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement

2. hate

hate Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Male
    Hawaii
    seeing u rooted ur phone i'd get shabbymod and clockwork mod since they're needed to install themes and other mods.

Next, in my opinion, internal memory is the biggest problem with this phone. i'd look into getting darktremors or link2sd. i've used link2sd and it made a big difference. they say darktremors a2sd can get u more space but it's a little harder to install and it's recommended you have a class 6 sd card.

3. GIFFY LUB3

GIFFY LUB3 Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    New Mexico
    What does the shabbymod and clockwork mods do? Any links I can read up on or download the mods from?

4. limited

limited Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2011
    Check the stickies in this forum. I know you said you're a noob, but at least read the stickies first!

5. droogie

droogie Member
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    GIFFY LUB3,

I am pretty new, too. My advice is to get Shabbymod and immediately get ClockWorkMod. Shabbymod is the new interface and look of the phone. CWM is not a mod in this sense of the word; it is a recovery platform that you "boot into." If you've ever used a boot CD to fix a computer, I'd say it is like that.

Also, I would read as much as possible about what you are going to do before you actually do the operations. That includes google searches of specific words and stuff like that. Doing this really helps to learn, because after a while you just start knowing stuff about the phone and can make sense of other info quicker and more easily.

Lastly, I have had no problems after researching these root type operations and follwing the tutorials exactly. Make sure to read the whole procedure a couple times to get the idea before you start, also.

I hope this helps. Our phones would be plain vanilla and rather lame without this community. You know that... or soon will. I am pretty happy with this phone now.

6. GIFFY LUB3

GIFFY LUB3 Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    New Mexico
    Nevermind, deleted post.

7. Addacus

Addacus Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Unemployed
    Arizona
    Stickies, stickies, stickies.. I'd say CWM, make a recovery. From there flash shabby, get titanium backup pro and freeze anything you aren't using. Juuice defender as well.