1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NOOB! What else can I say?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrmarandroid, May 24, 2011.

1. chrmarandroid

chrmarandroid Lurker

Just got a Play and was told it had been rooted. It still had the other persons personal data on the phone so I did a factory data reset. Now things aren't working so well. Home button only works to wake the phone but doesn't work anywhere else. When I slide the phone the games menu doesn't auto open and the PC companion doesn't recognize the phone at all. Hope someone is nice enough to let me if I'm screwed or maybe help me get it back to being fully functional.

Thanks!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast

what you should've done (or the guy that shipped it to you), was SBF it instead of doing a factory reset because doing that doesn't get rid of the Root.

3. keatesy

keatesy Lurker

Hi bud, help is at hand!!! I did the same thing as yourself so here is how to sort it:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/sup...etailed/updateservice/xperia-play?cc=gb&lc=en

Download the update software package and follow all prompts, this will restore your phone totally back to factory spec, then if you are intending on rerooting the device, get yourself over to XDA developers forums.

I restored my phone (due to removing something that i shouldnt have) then rooted it straight away, then uninstalled all the bloatware, sorted out my custom themes, installed my emulators and hey presto! phone runs like a dream.:)

novox77 likes this.
  4. chrmarandroid

chrmarandroid Lurker

Thanks for the help, worked like a charm.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

...and welcome to the forums!

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews