• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Noob wifi question

tfleming23

Nov 8, 2009
You are all likely going to laugh at this, and I admit, you have every right too. For the first time today I am trying to enable the wifi on my droid when I am at home and have been unable to get it to work.

I turned it on, connected it to my home Wifi, used the correct password, and it says it is connected, and has been assigned an IP addressed. However, it isn't connecting to any websites or anything else in any of the browsers.

I have tried both the native and dolphin.

Am I missing something?

That's all you should have to do - if you see your droid has been assigned an IP, it should work.

I assume you see the signal strength icon in the notification bar - does that show a good signal?

I have experienced the issue you raise - connected to my home network but unable to access web sites. It's happened to me as recently as today after I had turned WiFi on and off repeatedly while I was testing some stuff. I had to reboot to get things working again...I'm on a custom 2.1 ROM, however, so that may be the issue in my case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones