1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

noobie with a which rom pack and all that question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by malodin, Sep 7, 2011.

1. malodin

malodin Lurker

had my evo since december both my wife and i, read alot on rooting it never did, then mine got stolen so purchased a rooted one off CL guy met me at the sprint store etc. everything checked out fine so now i have rooted evo not sure exactly what it is running but i am able to tether my laptop to it so thats good lol....thebootup screen saysps|freedom havenot beenableto find out much about that only its a hack for the ps3.

the boot loader screen shows

supersonic evt2-3 ship s-off
    hboot 0.79.0000
    microp-041f touch panel
    atmel224_16ab
    radio 2.15.00.05.02
    apr 14 2010

recovery shows clockworkmod recovery v3.0.0.5

any information on this would be greatlyappreciated, currently it does not have an sd card so i cannot changeromsor anything yet but when i find theright card for the right price....

Also is it possible the po installed hidden software to do malicious behavior on this phone it doesnt act strange but in this day and age and with having my other evo stolen who knows i was really hesitant to buy used but couldnt afford to purchase new

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

I cannot testify if this person installed bad stuff on the phone. Likely they did not, usually people do not root for that purpose in mind. However installing a new rom will definitely remove any bad stuff, and give you a "clean" slate to work from.

Highly suggest you run this app, and see if your Wimax keys are still good though. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.joeykrim.wimaxkeys . One nasty thing that happens is people root and botch their wimax keys then sell the phone or return it for warranty.

3. lubberlick

4. malodin

malodin Lurker

Thanks for the quick response i can access 4g and all seems pretty good so i will download and double check.

Ran the wimax said it was present

What am i running i read on the clockwork vs amen ra and plan on swapping to amen ra when i get the sd card

5. lubberlick

nothing works better per say, its just often we find people asking questions or having trouble on these forums and consistently we find they have clockwork installed. So we just started suggesting people to switch to amon ra as a PM sorta thing.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

If you're worried about things being on the phone, you could always wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Then reboot the phone. This way you are starting with a clean slate on the rom.

And since you're using ClockworkMod, dalvik cache wipe will be under advanced;)

7. malodin

malodin Lurker

Thanks guys im going to get an sd card this weekend i will play around delete all the cash's and go from there

8. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Always remember before doing anything to the phone do a Nandroid backup and have a copy on your computer. If you are not able to hook up to computer and see files (due to no sdcard) try sending the backup to a "Cloud" like dropbox

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews