• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Noobish.. have a question on Note 3 Darklord ROM.

I am interested in rooting a Note 3 I just purchased and running the Darklord Note 5/ S7 edge ROM.. I love the features it includes. My question is, does it make sense to also swap out to lean kernel? Is this possible? I would love to have all of the features of Darklord with the speed of a Note 4. Appreciate any help. Just to let you know I do have an extensive tech background.. been involved with computers windows/linux/unix since for over 20 years. I have rooted a few phones but never installed any custom roms or swapped out kernel. Thanks in advance.

Wondering if it is even worth it, btw. As I read on the lean kernel doc that it may not be the best kernel to use if you love a lot of features. I am a bit confused. I am open to suggestions as far as the best method and software to root, the kernel itself, and the rom. I hope I am explaining this all correctly. LOL

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones