1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Noobish questions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Sonicfan642, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Sonicfan642

Sonicfan642 Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    Hey guys,My name is Liam,and I'm 14,I have a HTC Inspire,and It's my first Android/smartphone ever. I have two questions,if it messes up under warranty,can you trade it in for a Motorola Atrix 4G? and does it void your warranty to put a launcher on your SD card?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to AF! :)

Generally no, if it fails under warranty, they'll trade like for like. So if the Inspire fails and they can't fix it, they'll give you the Inspire (or something with a similar spec).

And no, a Launcher won't void your warranty. General use and apps you can download via the market won't have an impact on the warranty, but rooting and installing custom ROMs etc might. If this is your first smartphone, I wouldn't start thinking about that sort of thing yet though. :)

If you've general questions about the Inspire, the subforum is here: HTC Inspire 4G - Android Forums

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Yea. What he said.

The only time they'll ever upsize your phone like that is if its severely outdated, and has a plethora of known phone-breaking issues (has to literally make the phone useless, see Samsung Moment as a pprime example).

As a rule of thumb, if its a non-root application, and its from the market, you're fine warranty wise.