1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Nook Bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imThomasHarris, Jan 2, 2012.

1. imThomasHarris

None

Jan 2, 2012
    I tried to root my nook color but kept kepting an error formating data error during the setup, and like an idiot I tried to then reboot, now the device, with or without an SD card in, will not power up, Ive tried about 1000 different button combinations, any help would be great thanks!

Advertisement

2. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    You will need a bootable SD card with Clockworkmod on it. Sounds like yours isn't bootable anymore, for some reason. Easy enough to create a new one on a PC. Don't panic. It's very hard to kill the Nook Color.

The error formatting /data is likely due to using an old CWM version. The honorable colchiro has a nice summary on how to create a bootable SD card with the latest CWM here.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    The B&N Nook Color is virtually unbrickable. Like bobstro said, just create a bootable ClockworkMod Recovery microSD card restore yourself back to factory from that.

If I were you, I would obtain a small, 1 GB or 2GB, microSD card with ClockworkMod Recovery on it. That way, if you have issues, you can quickly get up and running again with your recovery microSD card.

4. d3310n

d3310n Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    florida
    Lol you didnt brick it. Just fix the card and try again. It is impossible to brick it. Only way to brick is through physical damage.