• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nook case "fits" flyer

i8flan

Lurker
May 26, 2011
I just picked up this nice Jack Spade case at my local B&N built for the Nook to hold my flyer.

Dipped canvas book cover

It was 75% off so about $20. I made a slight modification to the bottom bracket to allow more space for the bottom row of buttons. And I plan to add an elastic loop for pen storage on the inside of the binding.

It's not perfect because it doesn't have camera or speaker cutouts in the back. But its well made, low key and works well for taking to meetings for note taking and on the bus for reading and browsing.

For that price it's a good interim solution until some custom cases come out.

This one looks like it might work too but buyer beware since I haven't tested it:

Sinclair Cover in Earth

Reactions: Dolmangar
Looks nice actually. I laughed when I looked more closely though:

List Price $85
Online Price: $19.95

If you're going to market it so that people think they are getting a great deal you should at least be realistic.

Bought this case at B&N over the weekend. Works fine for the price and fits without any modifications. It would be better if it had a clasp to keep it closed (probably add one) and a pen holder (probably add one as well).

IMG_20110606_075229.jpg

IMG_20110606_075244.jpg

Thanks i8flan for the heads up.

Upvote 0
So Glad there's a thread about this. I bought the flyer at the same time I bought my Photon, so I really should've looked in here before buying a couple cases on Amazon.

I really liked a couple of Nook cases I saw, but wasn't convinced they would fit perfectly.

Does anybody know if all of them will fit, or just certain ones?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
For as cheap as Flyer/View/Jetstream cases are, why go with a generic? $13 shipped. Great case. Had one for my Transformer and A500.

They also have the nice rotating one which I picked up. For $8 you can get one that has the imprint of the rotating side on the opposite side because they were stacked in shipping and left the imprint behind. They normally go for $13 and up. I also have one of these for my A500 and like it quite a bit. Great if you're book reading on a table or just want the lid portion folded properly. Great for working with a keyboard as well if your'e doing doc work in portrait. Plus the clip in style doesn't cover up to the edges like all the cheap cases and doesn't have annoying elastic corners.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones