1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

nook color is frozen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moonlightangel, Dec 26, 2011.

1. moonlightangel

noobie here, but I've followed the directions to a T and my brother and I are stuck, it seems that the screen of our nook color is frozen (not responding to touch) and we can not continue with the set up before it goes to sleep. We are thinking it has to do with the new update but we are not sure :thinking: Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

We're going to need a LOT more info... :D

What are you trying to do? (What instructions?)

Is this a rooted NC or are you trying to root?

3. ONElikeGOD

ONElikeGOD Lurker

I am attempting to root and and install CM7 with GApp to Nook Color. I have done this a few times before on my own Nook Colors with some difficulty but I succeeded in the end and cannot say enough thanks to those involved for putting together such a great effort on this project. This time I am modding my cousins device and seem to have hit a problem I am not finding much information on. I have done the usual uNooter with PC and sdFlash CM7.0.3 + GApps. I did format system, data, cache. The one thing that seems out of place first off is the original "Read Forever" splash screen pops up before the generic "ANDROID_" text pops up before the skaterDroid logo for CM7. I am making an educated guess that I failed to ROOT the device first. Can anyone confirm my suspicions or point out what went wrong.

4. colchiro

7.03 is pretty old. You'd be better off with 7.1 and the latest gApps. I hope you didn't use a guide on this forum, b/c I think they're all up to date. :D

Also, make sure you have CWM 3.2.0.1 on your bootable sdcard since older versions have trouble formatting data and it will boot loop or apps will FC if it does boot. When you boot off of it, it'll say the version.

ONElikeGOD likes this.
  5. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member

As Colchiro notes, that's is an OLD version of CM. Specifically, it does not include drivers for the screen hardware used in newer NOOK Color devices. This is a known issue. Try a newer version and it should work just fine.

When I was running CM7, I was a big fan of the CM7.2 RC0 Mirage release. It incorporates a lot of fixes that didn't make it into the official CM releases before the big freeze, including Sleep of Death fixes that plague many users.

ONElikeGOD likes this.
  6. ONElikeGOD

ONElikeGOD Lurker

well, that seemed to work. Seems I may have used instructions from another page and used the old file I had on my system. Thanks for the response.

7. colchiro

Glad you got it working. Did you use CM 7.1 or Mirage?

Do you have other NC's you need to update now? :D