• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nook Color multi Access point environment

nehpets

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
Ok, so I have a number of Nook Color Android devices variously running Android 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0.

I'm in a multi-access point environment, with about 150 APs, all the same model all running the same firmware. With my laptop, or symbian devices, I can pick up the appropriate signal from all the APs.

With my Android-Nooks, however, they seem to simply 'ignore' the signal from some APs. For example, I can be holding my laptop next to an AP, and the laptop reports 100% signal, but when I hold my nook next to it, the nook reports a low signal - it connects to an AP further away.

Has anyone got any idea of why this could be? I cannot think of any solution, it is very frustrating.

hi nj02vette,

thanks for replying. They don't use MAC address blocking or hidden SSIDs (although yes, I agree - if it was my network I would implement these measures).

I managed a 'sort-of' solution - it seems the NC ignores any APs on channel 13, so I have had to manually reconfigure some of the APs to output on other channels (which makes a mess of the auto-channeling) - i can't understand why I am the only person (with 13 NCs!) to encounter this error.

the 3.0 was only of SD - we don't use these with our company (it is too slow, and not very good, actually). I may try this 2.3 - appears to run off internal memory so may be a solution there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones