1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support nook help please!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wwalding, Apr 16, 2011.

1. wwalding

wwalding Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    ok this is what i did... i have been rooted for some time...i have had no problems till today while trying to install a gb rom... i have never installed a rom on the nook.. i install roms all the time on my phone.. but i downloaded the rom and forgot to place it in the root folder..i then installed clock works.. and used that to flash the rom. i performed a back up on the current system and installed the new rom.. i also wiped data and Cash... it gave me an error while trying to install the rom.. then rebooted back to factory.. but still rooted with the app store.. i try to connect my google account but i always get error saying cant comunicate. but i have a connection i can got to websites just fine... i need to get the app store working or just be able to boot the nook into recovery mode so i can reinstall the rom? any thoughts? dont really know where to go from here besides going back to stock then re rooting...lol.. i dont want to do that since it shows my superuser already... thanks

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Boot into recovery from your sd card, then select mounts then format system/cache/data, then install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card and find your rom, and flash it. (Did you forget system?)

(If you have other steps, like flashing Google Apps, insert those steps here.)

When done, remove the sd card and choose reboot. The first time will take at least 5 minutes.

FWIW, I think Phiremod is an excellent first rom and already includes Google apps.

Note: you need to connect to your wireless before you can access Market.

3. wwalding

wwalding Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010

ok i did that and i still got an error 7 something when trying to install cynogen mod7... then i pulled the sd card and now it boots to the big U screen and just sits there? any sugestions?

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    What directions are you trying to use (link)?

What rom did you flash, CM7 or Phiremod? I think you might have a bad rom file. Can you open it on your pc?

5. wwalding

wwalding Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    ok i still couldnt get it all figured out.. so i started over from stock...lol.. i have it rooted again but how do i get my sd card back to the orginal size.. it only reads 39mbs now after doing the nooter partion..

6. wwalding

wwalding Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010

ok i am back to the circle again. i have restored it to factory.. then i rooted it again. i installed clock works rom manager. then i tried installing phiremod.. still same error when it rebooted into recovery and wiped data and stuff. gives an error when trying to install any rom it looks like.. i am running nook version 1.0.0 i installed the root per nookdevs auto nooter 2..12.15.. got root synced with google. installed clockworks rom old version.. it ask what version you have when you try to install a rom.. that is the only part i am unsure of... i have picked old version both times.. then after i get the error it reboots and goes back to wanting me to set up google accounts again.. but now it will not connect.. even though i am connected to the interent and can browse. so now i cant install clockworks anlonger... i hope i dont have to start all over...lol...this is fustrating...lol...i have never had this issue with phones.. i flash roms all the time and root peoples all the time...???

7. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    If you backup your rom from recovery, you could restore that to get back to stock. :D

Nook version 1.0.0 is old. Mine was 1.1.0, but I doubt that's your problem.

You want to pick Nook, not Nook-old in RM. Old version might cause problems.

I believe you can format SD card in Nook tools (or whatever it's called), but then you'd have to image it again and copy Phiremod to it again.

So you have the rom on your sd card, but don't boot off the sd card, you boot into recovery from stock rom after installing RM?

I have a 2 gb sd card I use just for installs, which boots into CW recovery and has my Phiremod 6 or any other thing I choose to flash. Shouldn't make a difference tho. Still nice to have it in case my Nook is unable to boot.

8. wwalding

wwalding Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010

lol.. ok it was the issue with the choosing the old in the rom manager.. but now i have another issue.. i forgot to do this before isntalling the zip file///
    - In recovery, choose

9. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I think this is the bootable image I used: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=945838&

Create the bootable sdcard image. You'll need to install winimage to create it. It'll install a trial version that hopefully will be long enough to get this fixed. :D

Then copy your Phiremod rom to it, boot into it and flash your Nook. If you have something you want to keep, you might want to back it up to your pc first. This is what I flashed to a cheap 2G sd card and use a good 16gb card for normal use.

You might try holding down the "n" button, then turn on your nook and see if you can boot into recovery. If that works, then see if you can start over.

Hopefully we can get you up and running soon. I need to be on the road in about 45 minutes, a 4 hour drive.