1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Nook okay, but CM7 won't boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GraphicsKat, Oct 4, 2012.

1. GraphicsKat

GraphicsKat New Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I have been using my Nook Color as an Android tablet (using an SD card w/CyanogenMod 7) for a long time now, but just recently it stopped booting as an Android. I can see the boot screen just fine, and if I choose to boot it as a Nook, it works just fine. Unfortunately, however, when I try to boot as an Android, I just get a bright flash - like it's about to start booting - and then nothing. I've left it sitting for over an hour, but it never showed anything but a blank screen.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Sounds like your sdcard is starting to fail (or has already)... one of my many complaints about roms on sdcards.

Do you use the stock (B&N) rom? If you prefer CM7 of stock B&N I recommend you replace the stock rom with CM7 and ditch the sdcard.

3. GraphicsKat

GraphicsKat New Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I was afraid it might be something like that. I actually do use the stock B&N rom occasionally, so I'm not sure I'd want to out and out replace it. I guess I'll try to replace the SD card, unless there's something else you think I ought to try...

Thanks so much for your help.

4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    How old is the card? More than a year or so and the writing's on the wall. :D