1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Nook won't detect sd with cm7.1 on boot but detects cm7.0.3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by koolkid2222, Jan 5, 2012.

1. koolkid2222

koolkid2222 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Well i've been using cm7.0.3 for some time now, and i wanted to go to the stable release of 7.1.0, and i followed non-root instructions (just running on alternate software through sd card), but the sd card wasnt detected, and i tried a lot of times, but it still doesnt work. I did the same thing with the 7.0.3 and it worked. I need the old stock software since i need the books i installed on there, but now with 7.1.0, it loads onto the normal stock instead of cm7. Before i did it like around october with 7.1.0, it worked, but now it can't work. Help!?

Advertisement

2. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    What guide did you use to create your 7.1 SD card? Sounds like it's not booting. How did you create it?

3. koolkid2222

koolkid2222 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Well, there are multiple guides I used, all the same.
    i did these steps is this order
    1.I used the generic-sdcard-v1.3.img.gz image file, used winzip to create it into an .img only file, wrote it on the sd car, pulled it out, put it back in.

2. Then i copied the stable cm7.1.0 version onto the sd card, and did the same to the gapps installer file.

It worked well, it installed cm7 onto the sd, but when i booted it, it booted to stock. I followed the same directions a few months ago with the same version, it worked, then I accidentally formatted it and I installed cm7.0.3 instead of 7.1.0 when i redid it. I wanted to re-upgrade, but now, it cant detect the sd when it boots, only after, unlike with 7.0.3

4. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    This is just one (of many) reason why I'm not a fan of sdcard installs.

Something must have gone wrong. I'd re-download your files and try again. Since the disk isn't bootable, I'd suspect the IMG file or the program you used to flash it. There are two pgms you can use, WinImage and W32diskimager. Maybe you want to use the other one.

(OR backup your books to your computer, format the card and install cm7 to your NC and copy your books back to the sdcard.)

5. koolkid2222

koolkid2222 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    I use win 32 disk imager, and right now, because of that, i may switch to the honeycomb sd card install.

6. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    I'd suggest following verygreen's "size-agnostic SD" procedure. It's fairly bullet-proof and straightforward.

Do watch out for the name of the firmware file you copy over. I used the (recommended) CM 7.2 RC0 Mirage build and had to rename the file from encore_CM72-MiRaGe-12122011.zip to update-cm-<something>.zip per verygreen's instructions.

If you've built the card right, you should see it booting up instead of the BN firmware in any case. Be sure to read what's going on as it boots to see if there are any errors.

I do agree with Colchiro, though, that unless you have some compelling reason to stick with the B&N firmware, installing to eMMC is preferable.