1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Noooob

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kepal, Mar 15, 2011.

1. kepal

kepal Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    Helllo hi you doing, im very new to the rooting, i just recently did my phone with revoked..

i downloaded Rom manager3.01.3, titanium back up
    im not really sure what to do with those apps, if some one could help me out..

also i really rooted for the free wireless tethering.
    i downloaded wireless tether app and for some reason i can't get onto the internet on my computer it just dosent give me any connection? any help please?.. it says its WEP and also says it has a radio type?, when i just look at it before connecting? anything would help me at this point im not very smart with this..

THANKS
    kepal

Advertisement

2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Rom manager helps you flash ROMs but I wouldn't use it, doing things manually is not hard and is more reliable, plus if something does go wrong you are comfortable using recovery. Titanium backup lets you back up your apps plus data, that way you don't lose where you are in angry birds if you flash a ROM lol. As for wireless tether try uninstalling the app then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work you could always flash a ROM with Sprint hotspot unlocked.

kepal likes this.
  3. kepal

kepal Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    what are the pros of custom roms and is there any tutorials that you could show me to help me do it?

4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Custom ROMs offer a variety of things, speed, productivity, and customization are just a few if you are skeptical of a custom ROM I have a couple of good ones I can recommend. Some of them will change a lot of stuff others you may not be able to tell a difference at first look.

5. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    I would suggest reading the Rooting for Dummies sticky at the top of the forum. There is a section in there for after rooting that tells you step by step how to flash roms. It also includes a link to a list of some of the available roms. I would start with reading it and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Tags: