• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Norton Mobile Security

oldster

Lurker
Sep 15, 2012
Anyone downloaded the free version of Norton Mobile Security and successfully upgraded to paid version via Google store?
I have tried Many times but just get the 'purchasing from google' but get no further. No errors or messages no matter how long I leave it.

Tried the Norton forum but apart from sorry you are having difficulties from Norton rep they are as good as a chocolate fireguard.

The only thing they are good for is tracking your device if you misplaced it, and even at the Android Lost is much better and can be pushed to your device from the Play store from your PC even if you don't have it installed.

Wrong. There are legitimate apps that use air push for ads and other types of things you really don't want, believe me. Mac users always said the same thing for years, they don't anymore. Hackers, spammers, malware are looking for an opportunity. Don't give it to them. Use some sort of antivirus, security program. Norton is a big name and always safe, but I use Avast. Look it up in the market. And Google "android antivirus software ". There are a lot of good articles and recommendations.

Rootbrain

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones