• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not a big google fan...options?

BoomerFZ1

May 31, 2010
I just switched from an iPhone to an HTC Evo 4g and I gotta say I LOVE IT!!! Well, except for the seeming reliance on google mail, calendar and contacts. I've been using the same Yahoo mail account for years and would like to continue to do so. I'd also like to keep using my Outlook client for my PIM and to sync. But, can you have an Android without all the Google integration? How can I remove all my google info from my Evo? And does Missing Sync work as well as they say? If anyone has any links or tutorials that can help, let me know, yeah? Thanks a bunch and sorry so long winded.

Yeah, I currently have it sync'd with gmail, Google calendar and contacts (imported from Outlook) but I'd rather not sync with those but Outlook on my desktop and I'll simply ignore gmail. And while the iPhone uses an Apple account, it doesn't try to drag you along for everything else. I have no issue logging into my Google account for the market and whatnot.

Upvote 0
I had yahoo mail for a long time, then I made a joke on yahoo answers and they deleted my email and profile, it was my main email that id had for ten yrs I emailed them and they said that it was justified. so i set up my google account and everything is seamless the rss reader the mail the gadgets on igoogle, google docs, calendar, all of it. and they way they all integrate with android is awesome. You should think about checking it all out further. Just forward your yahoomail to ur gmail account at first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones