1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Not a friendly phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SnappleDave, Jan 1, 2014.

1. SnappleDave

SnappleDave Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    DM, IA
    Having a hard time finding different notifications, and trying to turn off the FB notifications....Not very explanitory. The book it came with is worthless. Tried getting help on Samsung.com..that was a waste of time. I also tried YouTube for help, but everyone of the vids are done by some foreigner that is very hard to understand! I never thought this phone would be so difficult. Coming from an HTC Inspire on StraightTalk, I was looking for a lighter weight, nicer android with the same type of options. This wasn't much of an upgrade... Very Disappointed!

Advertisement

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    To turn off Facebook notifications open up the Facebook app and go into its settings.

There will be options for what to sync and how it notifies you

3. SnappleDave

SnappleDave Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    DM, IA
    sorry, but that didn't work. I did that last night. I thought I fixed it because it didn't do it the rest of the nite. Then this morning it woke me up with a fb post. UGH! I think FB over-rode it!

4. mdawdy

mdawdy Member
    None

Dec 12, 2013
    Retired
    Canada
    You can find the correct manual here on the Samsung website. Just put in your model number, click search, and scroll to the bottom of the page. The link will be there ...
    Manuals & Downloads | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

I found the manual to be very thorough and very helpful. From the above site this link is for the Canadian edition, model #SGH-I257M ...
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...009061224671/I257M_English_User_Guide_Web.pdf

BTW, no one is a foreigner on an international website. Most certainly many do not have English as a first language, and sometimes you have to work to understand clearly what another person is saying.

5. SnappleDave

SnappleDave Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2013
    DM, IA
    Thank you for the help, but in turn I don't need a PC lesson. If someone is from a foreign country, they are a foreigner. And it doesn't help when you can't understand someone. If they are going to make an instructional video it isn't my job to understand them, it's their job to make sure they are speaking clearly and can be understood.

6. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    UK
    So that makes you a foreigner then, because you don't come from my country. Most of these people are making instruction videos for free to help others. No need to slag them off, just find another way. And when you do you can make an instruction video too!

7. marflo

marflo Member
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Male
    Some people are too lazy to think. All in all Samsung s4 mini is a decent phone, way cheaper that stupid iPhone, what I not like my Canadian version does not have radio. Light can be operate with one hand has most of features I need, of course they lay to much google inside but who cares, you don't need don't use, what is so hard to leave with? :beer:

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    We can dispense with the off-topic bickering, yeah?

Any more of it is getting deleted.

Thanks. :)