• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not able to change stock touchwiz sms background?

Hello guys, just got my phone back to a factory state and was testing out some of the apps to make sure everything was working as it should, i found my self at the message app and everying was working fine, then i went into setting to see if everything was there, but under the background settings i was not able to switch the background to a custom image.
Screenshot_2013-07-11-22-31-261.png

Here you can see where the tile that would let you select a background from your picture library is no longer here, i know for a fact that my friend that has the s3 and is using touchwiz as well has the ability to do so. Not sure if this feature is a special version of the app only for galaxy S phones or only for JB, since the s3 has a jb update now. Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, i was starting to suspect that. Wonder if its possible to get the .apk of the text app from jellybean, i wouldn't think a feature that simple would need JB to work properly

I have no clue about that buddy. I've been thinking of giving my try at theming and extracting apks and what not but I have no idea where to start and my computers a little over half a decade old so I don't know if it could handle it. I hope someone could help you out though best of luck! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones