1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Not able to connect to WiFi without Internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Freedom17, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Freedom17

Freedom17 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2017
    Hello, I am attempting to connect my Kyocera Duraforce Pro to a wireless access point that I do not have connected to the internet. Every time I connect the phone to the wifi signal, the pop up that there is no internet connection, connection will not reconnect. Is there a way around this as I do not want to connect this device to the internet?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    WiFi runs by having an internet connection, so you can't connect that way.

3. ItzHaunT

ItzHaunT Member
    None

Sep 23, 2017
    Male
    U.S
    Ya, not sure how you go about it on that phone, but is should be something like settings<wifi<advanced settings. there should be a switch in there saying "disallow connection if there is not internet connection" or something like that.

4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    It would help if you provide more details about what you're trying set up. It's also important to distinguish between Internet access and network access -- you can of course have a LAN (Local Area Network) that's completely cut off from any Internet access, where you have multiple devices just networked together using a router. You can also set up a device-to-device link (referred to as 'ad-hoc') where you're just networking two devices. There's also a difference, at least by definition, between a wireless access point and a wireless router. An access point is simply broadcasting a wireless signal, a wireless router while also broadcasting a wireless signal also acts as a LAN gateway providing a handful of routing functions like assigning IP addresses, DNS, etc.
    So that said, are you indeed trying to connect your phone to an access point or a wireless router?
    Are you trying to set up a local network to connect your phone to another phone or computer?