1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Not Able to See/Answer Incoming Calls after manual Froyo update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muskrat2k1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. muskrat2k1

muskrat2k1 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    I manually installed the EB13 Froyo update last night (via SD card, not Windows Installer) and have been experiencing a number of issues touched on in opther posts (calendar sync, force close of media apps, etc.). But the biggest issue for me is one I haven't seen mentioned... I'm not getting any indication that there is a voice call coming in. No Answer/Ignore/Ignore with Text screen pops up, no vibrations, no ringtones, not even a Missed Call notif after the call is done. If they leave a VM, I'll get that notif a minute or two after. If I go into the call Log, the missed calls are there.

I have tested with a number of different lines calling my #. One of them will come through just fine and I can answer/ignore, but none of the others. Some folks say it rang plenty like you'd expect before going to VM, others said they only got 1 or 2 rings, then VM (none were testing at the same time as each other). Oh, and I am not using/have never used Google Voice.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue like this?

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Power cycle your phone. See if it works.

3. muskrat2k1

muskrat2k1 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    No such luck. Regular shut down/start up attempted, battery pull attempted, vol+pow+cam key press reboot attempted.

In crystallizing some of the attempts, it appears this could have to do with facebook contact. The calls (now 3 successfull attempts from diff numbers, continued failed attempts from others) that succeeded were all from #s that were not associated with a person in my contact set who is also a facebook contact (and yes my FB contacts are currently synced, so it merged w/ the matching regular contacts).

I'm going to play around with the FB contact sync on/off to see if that makes any difference. Will report my findings tomorrow afternoon unless some free time opens up in between to test this.

4. muskrat2k1

muskrat2k1 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    I turned off FB contact sync. Also went into Contacts and told it not to display FB. Went to a particular contact and removed the FB "link" from that person. Had the person try to call, and still no such luck. This time, though, I did catch a force close error for "android.phone" and the radio reset itself, accompanied by the same quick li'l vibrations that are occuring when other stuff force closes post-update.

I had felt the mini-vibrations on some earlier unsuccessful call attempts, but must not have been quick enough to unlock to catch the "android.phone" error.

5. dwe1982

dwe1982 Newbie
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Teamster mechanic
    Coal City, IL
    Same here. Didn't notice anything different with facebook contacts, though. Did the update.zip method, and I get the android.phone force close with incoming calls. Still searching for a fix.

Previously unrooted stock phone.

Edit: Hard reset fixed all problems.

6. hijewpositive

hijewpositive Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    If you Did the update via update.zip from your SD card and are receiving error messages and media apps not opening, the solution to this problem is simple. Simply backup your SD card onto You're comp, then reinsert SD card into your phone and format it. This is what worked for me